RE: Converting a graphic to a font

Subject: RE: Converting a graphic to a font
From: "Higgins, Lisa" <LHiggins -at- carrieraccess -dot- com>
To: GERRIOR Suzanne <GERRIORS -at- iata -dot- org>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:58:25 -0700

> This is my week for asking questions. Does anyone know of a software that
> will convert a graphic to a font? For example, we have a company logo
that
> we would like to be able to convert to a font.

You can do this in Corel Draw, for one. Import your graphic into Corel,
isolate each character you want to use, save it as a .cdr (I don't know off
the top of my head if you can use any vector format or not), then save it as
a .ttf (True Type Font).

You'll then be stepped through naming the font family, selecting the
character map number, etc.

That's just the way I know of. There are others, including tools such as
Fontographer, but I don't get toys that cool.

Lisa.