Re: Antwort: What are SMEs?

Subject: Re: Antwort: What are SMEs?
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: kerstin -dot- molthagen -at- etas -dot- de, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 09:08:17 -0800

Kerstin, Sheron,

I like all your suggestions better than "Subject Matter Expert"; you know, the people who know what it does, but can't explain it to anyone.

Marc

Hi Sharon!

(I hope you don't mind getting this twice too much - I forgot to change the
address...)

>I've seen the acronym used frequently, and I'm afraid I don't know what it
>stands for.
Since we're using English here, I'll venture the following guesses:

- Smiling Manual Editors?
- Screaming Mean Engineers?
- Sandwich-Making Employees?
- Software Makes Emptiness?
- Small Manuals Eligible?

(In short, I don't know... ;-) )

Ciao,
Kerstin

Marc A. Santacroce

Senior Technical Writer
ePubs, Inc.

"I write, I train; either way you learn."