Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job

Subject: Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job
From: "Nickell Traduction" <nickelltrad -at- autoroute -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 01:43:52 -0500

In every job I've ever had, whether on site or contract, I have found that
what helps is just having a genuine interest in what the company does. I
never go to an interview without having researched the company, or at least
have looked at their Web site. You can have skills and experience coming
out of your wazoo, but true interest seems rare, and I do believe clients
want people who have taken the time to check the companies out and are not
just looking for something to add to their resume or bank account. Believe
me, it's made the difference several times when it was down to two or three
people for a job, and, even though the other people had a bit more
experience and skills, I got the job because of interest in the company and
enthusiasm for what the company was doing. Granted, it doesn't work all the
time, but it helps.

Traci