Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job

Subject: Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job
From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:59:02 -0800

At 1:28 PM -0800 2/23/2000, Scottie Lover wrote:
>I'm a very hard worker, and always give 1000% and work well with my
>colleagues. However, I don't know how to handle liars. Can anyone offer
>any suggestions?

Simple: get everything in writing (or email, or voicemail if your system
lets you save it - some preservable medium you can produce later on). If
you have a conversation, send a followup email to "confirm what we
discussed" so there is some record. Also, keep a little notebook handy and
make notes of whatever you and your boss agree to, with the date.

Producing this proof for your boss's boss is the heavy artillery and should
be used only in extremis. However, it's amazing how...tame...people can get
about lying about you, once they're aware that what they say and what they
commit to is documented and can be proven.

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com
http://www.jaedworks.com