Re: Summary of Responses: Whirlers and Environments (Long)

Subject: Re: Summary of Responses: Whirlers and Environments (Long)
From: "Jane Bergen" <jbergen1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "krupp, marguerite" <krupp_marguerite -at- emc -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:44:51 -0600

My experience has been the opposite from Marguerite's. Larger
companies (50 people is not really a large company...at least not in
Dallas, Texas) have more structure and things are much LESS likely to
"go through the cracks."

Start-up companies often tend to have false starts, back-ups in
direction, changes in midstream, etc. They are usually intensely led
by one person...great if it works, but not pretty when it doesn't.
I've worked for both and much prefer a larger company with a solid
record than a start-up or small company that is held closely by a
single person or a chosen few.

Jane Bergen