Subject: TECHWR-L site: New chat...new summaries...more goodies
From: Deborah Ray <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:42:02 -0700

Hi, all,

I've updated the TECHWR-L site with the following new
features and content:

A New Chat Application

Given the ongoing interest in TECHWR-L chats, we've
installed a new real-time chat application:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/chat.html. We're
thinking of using this for scheduled chats, so take
a peek, try it out, and let me know what you think.

New Topic Summaries

* Visit Sandra Charker's summary on using PDF as
an online format:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/onlinepdf.html

* See Jean Weber's summary that provides a plain
English explanation of "use cases" and "user
scenarios" as used in designing, programming,
and documenting software applications:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/usecases.html

* Read Sheldon Kohn's summary on technical writers
in startup environments:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/startupenvironments.html

A New "Getting Started" Story

Check out Tom Murrell's story of how he got
started in tech writing:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/tommurrell.html

More to come,
Deborah