Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job

Subject: Re: Knocking 'em dead at a new job
From: "Rick Ramsey" <rick -dot- ramsey -at- east -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:36:35 -0500

I go to great lengths to impress management and my peers at a new job, to
the point of human sacrifice, actually. OK, it's not *really* human
sacrifice, but it's so painful that it may as well be. I have such a
difficult time maintaining my impressive habits that after a week I usually
to impress new management and peers. Sigh. Which is why I tire of it so
soon. Anyway, here's my list.

1. Bathe.
2. Memorize the company's name.
3. Cut back on my afternoon naps under the desk.
4. Refrain from sending "Top Ten Porn Sites of the Week" to
the group alias until after my welcome party.
5. Don't take that first drink until after 10:00 am.

I realize that's one tough list, and that not all of you are as ambitious as
I, but hey, somebody's gotta set the bar. Good luck.

Rick