Re: converting to text

Subject: Re: converting to text
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 00:08:02 -0800

>Suzanne Gerrior asked, "Does anyone know of a software that
>will convert a graphic to a font? For example, we have a
company logo that
>we would like to be able to convert to a font."

Check with your graphic designer and legal department before
converting logos. Both may veto the idea because they are
concerned with how the logo is used, and don't want people using
it carelessly.

One major company where I worked as a tech-writer had a thirty
page booklet on how to use its logo, including how much white
space was needed around it; it also specifically warned against
reproducing the logo in black and white, except for faxes. Not
following these guidelines lessened corporate identity, according
the the booklet.

Similarly, the graphic designer at my present company was against
converting the company logo to a font because it was unlikely to
look good at standard text sizes. Again, a corporate image thing.

------
Bruce Byfield, Product Manager, Stormix Technologies
Vancouver, BC, Canada

"J'y suis, j'y reste" - Louis XIV of France