Re: MIME format

Subject: Re: MIME format
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "Kari K. Gulbrandsen Andres" <kandres -at- udel -dot- edu>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:01:16 -0800

This is so simple I'm sure you've tried it. Often people who save Mac files,
don't use an extension in the filename. A PC insists on it. If there is no
extension, try adding .pm to the file name. If that's the problem, you should
be able to open it easily.

Marilynne

At 07:09 AM 2/29/00 , Kari K. Gulbrandsen Andres wrote:
>thanks to everybody for their help. i had tried stuffit to decompress (?)
>the file and it didn't do anything. it was also a pagemaker file. i do
>have the right application and i had tried to open the file by clicking on
>the file and also by opening PM first and then the file. apparently,
>what the problem might be is that the windows converter may not have been
>installed with the PM software. so, when i get home, I will ck that.
>
>Kari Gulbrandsen Andres
>http://copland.udel.edu/~kandres/default.htm
>http://www.thewritingden.com
>

>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Sponsored by Weisner Associates Inc., Online Information Services
>Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
>More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-
>
>Sponsored by the PDF 2000 Conference featuring Thomas Merz and Shlomo Perets.
>Register by March 15 and save 22 percent off the regular conference price. See
>http://www.pdfconference.com for program schedule and registration
information.

>---
>You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM
>Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
>http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM