RE: FrameMaker and Windows 2000

Subject: RE: FrameMaker and Windows 2000
From: iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk (Iain Harrison)
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:25 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

> Microsoft says there are 62,000 potential bugs in Windows 2000.
> Why risk these problems? If you are running NT with no problems,
> there is no hurry to get on this bandwagon.

I would expect that there are probably 93,000 potential bugs in NT4

Why is this on-topic? Because to enumerate "potential bugs" with no
qualatitive analysis is simply undermining the use of the language. Your
statement is not in accord with my experience of using Windows 2000.

Personally, I could never have used NT4 because of its lack of some
hardware support, but the move from 98 to Windows 2000 ( a clean
install, not an upgrade) has been smooth and painless: everything works -
faster, more reliable and more secure.

That isn't to say that it is perfect: it just seems to be the least worst
version of Windows to date.
--

Iain

iain -at- hairydog -dot- co -dot- uk