Even Executives "Get it"--the need for products to...just...work

Subject: Even Executives "Get it"--the need for products to...just...work
From: "Joe" <jsokohl -at- eudoramail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L digest" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 08:33:39 -0800

From the Wireless 2000 show in New Orleans:

"When [Capellas] said that what he was showing was a Windows CE device, I said to myself, who cares?" Zander said. "I never ask about operating system or instruction set. ... A [device] should just work. ... I never had to read an operating manual for my Palm VII."

http://news.excite.com/news/zd/000301/08/candid-execs-enliven

Also recommend Don Norman's latest book, "the Invisible Computer"--high-tech products should just work. (see http://www.jnd.org/ for the latest on Don Norman).

joe
---
Our fears are like dragons, guarding our most precious treasures.
___Rainer Marie Rilke