RE. Policy vs procedure?

Subject: RE. Policy vs procedure?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:08:04 -0500

Anthony Markatos wondered <<What is the difference between a Policy and a
Procedure?>>

Policy is what we say we do; procedure is what we actually do (and how).

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines."-- Ralph Waldo Emerson,
_Self-Reliance_