Re: Policy vs Procedure?

Subject: Re: Policy vs Procedure?
From: Jennifer Robinson <jxrobi9 -at- uswest -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 08:57:12 -0700

That is a timely question for me. I just started a new job and I had to ask that
very question on my first day. My understanding is that a Policy describes
something in general. A procedure describes something in a more detailed way and
may actually list the steps to accomplish the task. For example, a policy tells
what you should deliver, but a procedure tells how you should deliver it.