Imbeciles or Dummies? C'mon

Subject: Imbeciles or Dummies? C'mon
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: Techwriter List <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 12:28:54 -0600

I just realized that I should have posted this reply to the Tech Writers
list instead of or in addition to the Framers list. (I have also
responded to Mr. Young personally.)

Actually, it was somebody else who was talking about being imbeciles or
dummies. I don't remember which list member it was. I haven't looked at
Sara O'Keefe's book, so I would not presume to comment on it. All I know
about it is that it has gotten good reviews from people on the list. I
use Tom Neuberger's book a lot, and I like it. I have no negative
comments whatsoever about the "For Dummies" and "Idiots Guide" books.

I have no personal or financial interest in Tom Neuberger's book. I
simply find it useful, and I am happy to recommend that as a resource to
anyone who finds the Adobe book frustrating to use.

If I wasn't clear about this, and have offended anyone else, please
accept my apologies. My intent was never to denigrate any other book
that could help anyone understand and use FrameMaker.

Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer
TCF Financial Corporation