capturing clean screen images for book

Subject: capturing clean screen images for book
From: Dina Marroquin <DMarroquin -at- FRXSOFT -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:58:11 -0700

Hello.

Our software creates financial reports. When you print a report, it looks
great. However, when you take a screen shot of a report, the image looks
jagged. (I use SnagIt.) I think I understand why and that's not really my
question. Anyway, we have a book that the marketing department created that
showcases different types of reports that you can generate with our
software. It appears that they printed out the reports and then pasted them
in a master document, sending that to the printer to create a book. I've now
inherited this book and it's time for an update. I suppose I could do the
same thing, but it seems like in this day and age, there has to be a better
way. Does anyone know of a way for me to capture these files electronically
in a clean, non-jagged, wonderful-looking format? Help. I have tried
printing the files to a Hijaak Pro file, but it strips the formatting from
my reports which is not ideal. Any other ideas? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Dina

PS: I get the digest, so it may take a while for me to respond.

Dina L. Marroquin
FRx Software Corporation
Technical Writer
Technical Services Department