Re: Word coding question

Subject: Re: Word coding question
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: "Holstad, Scott" <holstads -at- zuk -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 20:18:09 -0800

"Holstad, Scott" wrote:

> ... someone suggested I press Alt + F9. This ... brought out a
> number of codes (like those below) which can be seen throughout the whole
> document, including the footers. I can't seem to eliminate them...
>
> { SEQ chapter\h\* MERGEFORMAT }Service Bulletins

Press Alt+F9 again. It's a toggle to show/hide fields.

(By the way, if you really want to *eliminate* a field, "roll" the insertion point over the bold brace at either end to select the entire field, then press Delete. The field will disappear just like a normal character.)

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!