OT? Transcribing Software

Subject: OT? Transcribing Software
From: Jacque Foreman <frmngrfx -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 18:34:32 -0800

Thank you in advance for your aid. To save bandwidth, please send information offlist. I will be very happy to share info with any who request, and if many do, I will share with the list.

I have a job transcribing regular cassettes. My transcription machine is dead. I have checked and can record the cassettes to my computer by juryrigging a "cable" between a cassette player earphone plug and the direct online input on my computer sound card, but the Windows system seems not set up for transcription as much as it is set up for just listening.

I am looking for transcription software. Would appreciate information on software program and cost.

Happiness, joy & laughter
Jacque