Re-Sizing Sceen Shots

Subject: Re-Sizing Sceen Shots
From: "Shorr, Henry (JUS)" <hshorr -at- jus -dot- gov -dot- mb -dot- ca>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:40:19 -0600

I found that the Resize program with RoboHelp Office 2000 does a good job of
re-sizing. Adobe PhotoShop (also bundled with the RoboHelp Office suite)also
does a good job.

I paste screen shots in to PhotoShop and then export them as .gifs. Some
times I usally re-size the Gifs with the Resize software, especially if I've
added text (i.e. labels) to it in a presentations program, and it's too big.

Re-sizing hasn't worked well for me in Word or Power Point.

There are limits to re-sizing objects smaller. Sometimes you have to use
some trial and error to see how small you can make an object without losing
too much legibility and detail.

Henry Shorr

Henry Shorr
Training Consultant
Manitoba Corrections
810-405 Broadway
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3L6
Canada

Phone: 204-945-7298, Fax: 204-945-5537
email: hshorr -at- jus -dot- gov -dot- mb -dot- ca