About Java usage in technical documentations

Subject: About Java usage in technical documentations
From: "Frank Feruch" <frank -at- ffmsoft -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:02:27 -0800

Hi,

We produce Java viewers for graphic formats such as CGM (computer Graphic
Metafile) and TIFF, I am interested in having the feedback of professionals
to get an idea of how a Java Applet can be used inside a technical
documentation.

I have prepared online demos at the following address:
http://www.ffmsoft.com/ffmsoft/tiff_online_demo/demo_chooser.html
http://www.ffmsoft.com/ffmsoft/cgm_online_demo/demo_chooser.html

The tiff demo requires Netscape 4.7 or I.E. 4 or 5 , the CGM demo works with
all browsers.

I am not trying to sell anything here! but as our R&D is always looking for
new ideas I thought
I could get a valuable input from you.

Thanks

Frank