RE: Contractors - Typ Job Duties?

Subject: RE: Contractors - Typ Job Duties?
From: "Locke, David" <dlocke -at- bindview -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 19:04:58 -0600

Contracting like consulting is how you get paid. It doens't have anything to
do with duties or expectations. A contractor could get hired to write from
scratch, rewrite resumes, design a product, or clean toilets. Once hired to
do whatever, your employer won't be paying for benefits, and they won't be
paying employment taxes. It will all be bundeled up in the bill from the job
shop.

It drives me crazy when I meet people who answer the question "What do you
do" with "I'm a consultant." What does that mean? Nothing. Or "What do you
know about writing an instructional manual?" I'm a consultant. OK. I don't
ask about what people do anymore. I ask "What do you think of .... At least
you get a conversation in response.

David W. Locke