RE: illegal to discuss/set rates

Subject: RE: illegal to discuss/set rates
From: "Mary Choy" <mchoy -at- sirius -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:34:55 -0800

Y'all,
Don't get me wrong. I too agree it is helpful to discuss rates with each
other online whenever we feel like it. I am only trying to follow up because
a friend who runs a list for writers told me there is some law against
setting rates and we have to be sure not to cross that line when discussing
rates, or something bad happens to the list itself. Like I said, this is all
super hazy, so I am trying to find a source of what the real deal is. I
don't want to break the law, so I'd like to find out what it is and share
that info on another list I belong to. I am totally FOR talking rates, as
it's the only way I found out what I should really be charging. Just wantin'
to be a legal Jane.
Cheers,
/Mare
Mary Choy, Technical Writer