RE: The Real Offense

Subject: RE: The Real Offense
From: Stephanie Sprangers <stephanies -at- metrix-inc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:17:52 -0600

<snip>
So the rest of you out there, especially the current students/recent grads,
did you learn anything, and I mean anything at all, relevant to technical
writing from the academic portion of college (I do not mean to infer that
the interpersonal skills one learns in college are unimportant)? Am I just
caught in an unfriendly system, or does academia's adherence to method over
results actually hurt us all?

I was always told by a very wise soul that "college is just four years spent
learning how to learn." I learned that when I started my first job....in a
big way.

Just my two cents.

Stephanie A. Sprangers
Technical Writer, Metrix