RE: The Real Offense

Subject: RE: The Real Offense
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:56:03 -0600

>The real offense is pompous pontificators who think any idiot who bothers
>learn the technology can write about it.

The same, of course can be said of the buffoons who believe that any idiot
who can write can write intelligently about a technology.

Sorry, I'm on Andrew's side in this brouhaha (in light of which startling
revelation Andrew is now rethinking his position). I've been victimized too
many times by manuals written by someone who obviously had no real
familiarity with the product or its use in the real world.

It takes *both* a knowledge of the technology and an ability to write to
produce useful docs. One or the other is not sufficient. Either can be
acquired by interested parties; all too many apparently lack that interest.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224