Re: Question for Contractors

Subject: Re: Question for Contractors
From: "Elna Tymes" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:35:34 -0800

Godfrey, Joelle A (Joelle) wrote:

> How do you manage health insurance? Do contracting companies help with
> insurance - for a hefty fee?

Some agencies offer their contractors health insurance, some offer an ability
to purchase health insurance through their group, and some offer nothing in the
way of health insurance. It all depends.

Because we're a small company, we have our own health insurance policy, but the
premiums (and all other medical costs) get paid out of pre-tax dollars. There
are policies available for individuals and small groups, as well as policies
available through pofessional groups. You really have to shop around.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems