Re[2]: The Real Offense

Subject: Re[2]: The Real Offense
From: Harry Hager <hhager -at- dttus -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com
Date: 10 Mar 2000 15:30:35 -0600

Scottie,

Scottie wrote: "Yes, I know that some technical writers write manuals
for a wide variety of languages, hardware, and software. With rare
exception, I work hard to avoid buying anything they've written."

Wow!

Do you really mean to say that technical writers, "with rare
exception", are not able to write about "a variety of languages,
hardware, and software?"

And that if you find out a technical writer wrote the information
rather than a developer, you try not to buy it?

Are you really telling the listers on a tech writing LISTSERV that
nothing a technical writer, "with rare exception", can write about "a
variety of languages, hardware, and software" can possibly meet your
demanding needs?

Are you really telling the listers on a tech writing LISTSERV that
they are only technical writers and they, "with rare exception",
couldn't possibly know enough about "a variety of languages, hardware,
and software" to meet your demanding needs?

How do you go about finding out the background of the persons writing
the books on "a variety of languages, hardware, and software" you rely
on to do your job?

H. Jim Hager
hhager -at- dttus -dot- com