Word 97 to PDF question

Subject: Word 97 to PDF question
From: Linda McCulloch-Smith <LMcCulloch-Smith -at- lgc -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:53:32 -0600

I am trying to create a pdf file from Word 97. When I click the pdf button
on the toolbar, select Use Acrobat Distiller on the General tab of the
Acrobat PDF Maker 4.0 window, and click Create, the following message opens:

"You have selected to create a pdf file using Acrobat PDF Writer. When using
this option, PDF Maker's enhanced features are not available. The pdf file
you are about to create will not contain bookmarks, links, etc. To create a
pdf file with these features you must use Acrobat Distiller. This option is
disabled if you do not have Acrobat Distiller installed."

The Acrobat Distiller option is disabled on the message, yet Acrobat
Distiller 3.01 and 4.0 are installed on my machine. The General tab of the
Acrobat PDF Maker 4.0 window even notes that Acrobat 3.x is installed.

How do I get Word 97 to recognize that Distiller 4.0 is installed, so that I
can create bookmarks, etc., in my pdf file?

Thanks.
Linda