Re: Word 97 to PDF question

Subject: Re: Word 97 to PDF question
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 16:28:16 -0500

Tim,

The original question had to do with PDF Maker, not PDF Writer. PDF Maker supposedly does carry bookmarks over from Word (not something I've actually used, so this is basically hearsay). I think the original problem was that Word was looking to the Acrobat 3 installation instead of the Acrobat 4 installation, which is where Maker comes from. Sounds like a Windows Registry issue to me.

Dick

From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 16:15:58 -0500

>If you're asking how you can make distiller automatically install bookmarks
>from Word, the answer is "you can't". Word doesn't do PDFMark. Frame does,
>and I think now PageMaker does.

SNIPPED