RE: QUERY: question mark icon on toolbar button

Subject: RE: QUERY: question mark icon on toolbar button
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:38:33 -0500

Becca Price says:
I can't find anything specific in my reference books, but I thought
that the question mark button was usually used as a shortcut to the online
help

I find:
Microsoft lists the question mark combined with an arrow as the icon for
Context Sensitive Help and a question mark on the cover of a book as the
icon for access to the help topics (contents and index).

The software we are shipping also uses a plain question mark for "About this
Application".

HTH
Jim Shaeffer
jims -at- spsi -dot- com