Re: You're too stupid for this document?

Subject: Re: You're too stupid for this document?
From: DowningLst -at- aol -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:19:20 EST

<<Does anybody have some
standard boilerplate text that gently and effectively articulates the
intended audience for a document? >>

I'd say something like, "This document assumes the following knowledge." I think that's nice and polite because it implies that the writer of the document is the one who's made the mistake if the document goes over the reader's head -- "We assumed, but we assumed wrong."