Re: Practical Usability Testing

Subject: Re: Practical Usability Testing
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "Amy Janczy" <Amy_Janczy -at- uclid -dot- com>, "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:57:05 -0500

The User Interface Engineering site at
http://world.std.com/~uieweb/moreart.htm is one of the best I know. The page
listed on the URL has a bunch of articles about real-world usability
testing.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
Check our Web site for the upcoming Clustar class info
http://www.simplywritten.com

> I'm at at loss for how to start....Can anyone provide me with any
practical
> tips for how to do a "quick and dirty" usability test that can help point
> out key problems with the documentation? If no personal experiences come
> mind, any book recommendations would also help. I was referred to the STC
> anthology "Practical Approaches to Usability Testing for Technical
> Documentation." Title sounds good, but can't find reviews of it on the
Web.