RE: Mentoring

Subject: RE: Mentoring
From: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com
To: <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:05:33 -0600

Connie, I like this idea. If it can work through the site, then those listers
who wish to participate can fill out some sort of questionnaire and let the
newbies pick from the list--invite a relationship, get to know the other a bit
and see if it would work. That would allow the newbies to pick based on specific
disclosed information, one on one communication, as well as prior posts to the
list.

Besides my original questions, what do y'all think of this idea?

--Kimber

From: kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com

[snip]

All this has me thinking that ours is a profession requiring
mentoring--people
up the ladder of experience reaching back to assist new professionals in
finding
and climbing the same ladder of professionalism.

Yet, ours is also a profession that is production-driven. Deadlines and
time-to-market are king. How can mentoring possibly fit into this
professional
environment? How can it NOT?

[snip]