Word master documents and PDF?

Subject: Word master documents and PDF?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:15:07 -0500

David Brown wondered about the comments of <<...a session leader at the
recent WinWriters convention, Acrobat "handles" multiple-file documents
assembled with the Master Document feature, but not those assembled using RD
fields. Can anyone confirm or (preferably) refute this?>>

I can't confirm this from personal experience (my knowledge of the
intricacies of Acrobat is largely theoretical, based on misc. readings and a
bit of hands-on experimentation), but it seems dubious. If you can print a
document with RD fields correctly on paper, then you should be able to print
it to a PostScript file just as easily. Once you've done that, distill the
file, add it to a master PDF via Exchange, and Bob's your uncle. I'm
wondering whether the real problem wasn't with master documents, not RD
fields, and the speaker just got mixed up for a moment.

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Hofstadter's Law: The time and effort required to complete a project are
always more than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's
Law.