Mentoring feature on the TECHWR-L site: You got it! (was: Re: Mentoring)

Subject: Mentoring feature on the TECHWR-L site: You got it! (was: Re: Mentoring)
From: Deborah Ray <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:45:01 -0700

"Giordano, Connie" wrote:
..
> I would love to have some opportunities to do so. Eric, perhaps this could
> be a new feature on the Whirlers site, allowing those of us who would like
> to mentor an opportunity to match up with new whirlers who'd like to be
> mentored?

You got it! Check out http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/mentoring/.

This is actually a timely request, as we have been working on
developing such a program. Our hesitation has been that we
needed to figure out a way to match mentors with mentorees
without (a) someone having to coordinate things, (b) subjecting
volunteer mentors to being inundated with mentoring requests,
and (c) subjecting participants to relationships that aren't
a good match. So, what we've come up with is a system where
people wanting a mentor can provide information about
themselves, and interested mentors can contact them if
they think the match would be promising.

With the discussion about mentoring onlist, we went
ahead and set up a form and results page (it's a
guestbook application, actually)...but we are very
interested in feedback, suggestions, and ideas for
improvement. Please do check it out, and let us know
what you think. The feature, btw, is part of the new
Employment area on the site at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment.html.

Please direct feedback to me at debray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-

Thanks!
Deborah