Re: Plagiarism vs Fixed Botches

Subject: Re: Plagiarism vs Fixed Botches
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 06:19:04 PST

Tony Markatos responds to Andrew Plato:

Andrew, you missed my point. The work was NOT 98% done! It was a mess that someone said was "98% done" just to deny their (or someone else's) mistake and to try and throw stress onto me. (After all, what could be simpler than doing the last 2%.)

I mean really - nobody is going to bring a new TW onto a project for which only a ligitimate 2% of the work remains.

Tony Markatos originally said:

Truth be told, NOBODY ever completes 98% percent of a project (or any other high percentage) and then stops. If a person is proud of their
work and is 98% done, he/she really wants to complete the project.

To which Andrew Plato responded:

Lots of projects are 98% done (or less) and are resounding successes.
Once again, it is more important to get to market with a product than putter around for eons fixing every error.

In fact, if you went back and looked at ALL the big software products released in the last 10 years - I would bet you could make a strong case that these products were no where near "done" when they were released.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)