Re: Salary Survey Reality

Subject: Re: Salary Survey Reality
From: "Michael Carstensen" <miketama -at- peoplepc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 20:03:33 -0600

STC does a salary survey yearly. You can find it on www.stc-va.org. They
break the salaries down by state, job title, and other things. Our local STC
(Huntsville, AL) and university technical communication program conducted a
salary survey last year. I found out that I was one of the lowest-paid
technical editors in the city! When I showed it to my boss (and offered to
find a job somewhere else), he brought my salary up to be more in line with
everyone else. I think surveys are great!

Tama Carstensen