Re: Good Manuals - Why Rare.

Subject: Re: Good Manuals - Why Rare.
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:56:47 -0600

The Dell I bought a year and a half ago has most of the connector ports color
coded and the corresponding cables coded with the same color. And a chart to
show what goes where. Piece of cake to set this sucker up. And the user's manual
for the CPU has detailed drawings showing what's what inside the thing.

On my original Dell, when I upgraded the memory, I looked in the user guide,
followed the excellent written instructions, augmented by beautifully detailed,
accurate drawings, and voila! Worked perfectly the first time. Learned a lot
about hardware from that manual.

GOOD illustrations are a wonderful communication/teaching method.

Jo Byrd