Re: Warnings and liability (was: Plagiarism vs Fixed Botches)

Subject: Re: Warnings and liability (was: Plagiarism vs Fixed Botches)
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net>
To: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:39:43 -0500

At 08:34 AM 03/20/2000 -0600, Tracy wrote:

Kat Nagel wrote:

> Oh, and he wanted to remove all the
> cautions and warnings because they "looked tacky".

Just out of curiosity, would this raise any liability issues? I realize your
defense would be that you were following instructions, but would that stand up
in court?

'
Liability issues? Oh my, yes!

Not for me, 'cuz my contract shoves all the liability on them for stuff like that (I make sure I get questionable change requests in writing, and I keep copies in a safe place <smile>). But THEIR liability, as product manufacturers, would have been horrendous.

I forwarded a request to their Regulatory Affairs office and let THEM slap him down. You could hear the smack echoing through the halls for weeks afterward.
'
K@
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Technical writing | Editing | Instructional Design | Webstuff