RE: Contractors & Per Diem

Subject: RE: Contractors & Per Diem
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:48:06 -0500

Tony

In my experience, per diem can take many forms, and include/exclude some
items.

1) Percentage of hourly pay
2) Fixed rate, paid at so many $'s per hour (worked)
3) Client's standard Rate for their employees

Sometimes separate:

Hotel - Standard rate for client's employees
Meals - Standard rate for client's employees
(I have gotten as high as: breakfast - $7.50; Lunch - $15.00; and
dinner - $25.00)
Also phone calls, as required to office, (home - every other day)

I have gotten time and a-half for overtime.

Other items are negotiable, and on a case-by-case basis..

Harry

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion of this email
are mine and mine alone.  They are not the thoughts, ideas, and/or
opinions of any past, present, or future employers, or any group that I
might belong to."