looking for work in Europe

Subject: looking for work in Europe
From: Sandra Farkas <sandra -dot- farkas -at- informix -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:10:09 -0800

I am a US citizen who would like to obtain permanent work as a
technical writer/author in Europe. I am looking for visa sponsorship
and relocation assistance. I haven't tried any recruiters yet,
although I'm aware of the Jobserve and Kudos Web sites. I've also
been checking the STC job database, but there aren't many
international jobs posted there.

The only language I speak other than English is moderately good
Spanish. The UK is out because I have a pet I don't want to
quarantine. I would consider any good-sized city (say, population
of at least 500K), except Paris (too big).

I have good credentials: BS in Computer Science; a couple
of years as a programmer; a few years in Technical Support;
3 years in Technical Publications and an additional 2 years
as a Technical Marketing writer at a database software company,
primarily writing about Web products. I would like to return
to writing user, rather than marketing, documentation.

Any suggestions or leads greatly appreciated!

Sandra (former list lurker)
sandra -dot- farkas -at- informix -dot- com