Edward Tufte Course on Presenting Data and Info-book recommendations

Subject: Edward Tufte Course on Presenting Data and Info-book recommendations
From: renee -at- e-sim -dot- co -dot- il
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:23:03 +0200

I would like to buy one of Edward Tufte's books, and I'm hoping some of you who
have one or more of his books can give me a recommendation. Actually I'd like to
buy them all, but I only have the budget for one. :(

The graphics I use in my documentation are screenshots, explanations of
processes, and explanations of how the various modules in our program relate to
one another and to external programs. I don't use graphs.

Thanks.

Renee Rothberg
e-SIM Ltd.
www.e-sim.com

Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com> on 03/20/2000 06:12:23 PM

Please respond to Kay Robart <kay -dot- robart -at- integratedconcepts -dot- com>

To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
cc: (bcc: renee/Emultek)

Subject: RE: ? Edward Tufte Course on Presenting Data and Info

The Visual Display of Quantitative Information
Envisioning Information
Visual Explanations: Images and Quantities, Evidence and Narrative

Kay Robart

> This sounds like an interesting class - but for those of us who have never
> heard of him (do I hear a gasp from the audience? *grin*), does he have a
> web-site or can you give me the name of his books?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Shelly Hazard
> shelly -dot- hazard -at- tek -dot- com

Training & consulting for RoboHELP, Dreamweaver, HTML, and HTML-Based Help.
More info at http://www.weisner.com/train/ or mailto:training -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Sponsored by Rose Hill, Your Business and Career Coach.
"Assume Success! Live Your Passion!" Get the gist at
www.coachrose.com then call 503.629.4804 for details!

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: renee -at- e-sim -dot- co -dot- il