RE: Ind. Contractors - where do you get new clients?

Subject: RE: Ind. Contractors - where do you get new clients?
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: MAGGIE SECARA <SECARAM -at- mainsaver -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 13:03:45 -0600

In our previous episode, MAGGIE SECARA wrote:

I must have been very wicked in my last life, or something. When I talk up
what I do for a living, the more likely response is "Oh really, I've been
thinking about doing that myself."

Ouch. For a long time, something very close to that used to be my response. (More like "I'd love to be able to get into that myself.") Then about four years ago someone gave me a chance, based on a very skimpy portfolio (kind of like the scenario below, actually), and now I'm at the other side of the conversation.

It's nothing compared to what fiction writers have to deal with, though.

Beth

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
Quis editoriet ipsos editores?