RE: Framemaker vs. Pagemaker

Subject: RE: Framemaker vs. Pagemaker
From: "Ridder, Fred" <Fred -dot- Ridder -at- Dialogic -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:27:39 -0500

In responding to Jessica's query about whether to teach FrameMaker
vs. PageMaker, Patty Ewy <pewy -at- GreatPlains -dot- com> wrote (in part):

>You might also see if you can get a trial version of Frame, so that at
least
>the students can see how it works.

The installation program on every FrameMaker CD-ROM allows the software
to be installed as either a "registered user" version (by supplying a valid
product registration number) or a demonstration number (without a
registration
number). If you know anyone who owns a copy of FrameMaker and who
is willing to loan you their product CD for a while, you can install demo
versions of FrameMaker on as many computers as you want to. The demo
version disables the Save command (for sure) and the Print command
(if I recall correctly), but otherwise has all Frame functionality intact.

Another approach is to buy Sarah O'Keefe's fine book "FrameMaker for
Dummies", each copy of which includes a CD-ROM with the demo version
of FrameMaker.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Dialogic or Intel...
Fred Ridder (Fred -dot- Ridder -at- Dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic, an Intel Company
Parsippany, NJ