Re: FrameMaker

Subject: Re: FrameMaker
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: "Lindsay Burrell" <lburrell -at- telus -dot- net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:19:22 -0500

At 08:10 AM 3/22/00 -0800, Lindsay Burrell wrote:

Connie wrote:

Is Framemaker really that commonly used?

It is up here. I keep an archive of the STC job postings, partly because I
have a dread of being out of work, but mostly so that I can keep my finger
on the pulse of what the customers are asking for.

<Everybody> wants Frame up here. I guess that 90% of the ads here (West
Coast Chapter STC: Vancouver Canada) ask for FrameMaker.

I see a lot of ads here in Toronto for companies that require Frame familiarity. But those companies are large, with well-established tech pubs departments.

In my experience, in the eight years I've been freelancing, I have yet to use it on a contract. I bought it, I've walked through the tutorials, but I've never used it.

My clients tend to be small to mid-sized companies. They ALL use Word.

Win

Win Day
Technical Writer

http://www.wordsplus.net