looking for sample TW resumes

Subject: looking for sample TW resumes
From: R Greenberg <roxanne_98 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:37:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Another job hunt-related question from me. I think I'm
almost done asking them. :)

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend places (eg,
websites, books) where I can see some sample resumes
from technical writers. I've checked all the links on
the techwr-l site, and although I found a couple of TW
resumes, I'd like to see a lot more. It seems that
most of the resume sites on the web are directed at
companies (understandably), and you have to pay to see
them. I don't think I can afford corporate rates!

I know there are books out there with titles like "how
to write a killer resume" etc - does anyone know of
any specifically for tech communicators?

I do know how to write a resume - I've written many in
my past life as a software engineer. But this will be
the first time I've written one with actual tech
writing experience, so I'd like to have an idea of
what employers want to see. What do they most want to
know about my experience as a writer that I should
advertise on my resume? Also, I will still need to
bridge the transition between engineer and writer,
since all my past jobs are engineering jobs. Should I
emphasize the design specs and other in-house docs I
wrote on those jobs, or concentrate more on the
software technology I know? (Seems like the latter
would be of more interest.)

Last, if anyone would be willing to send me a sample
of their resume, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks!

Roxanne
roxanne_98 -at- yahoo -dot- com

http://im.yahoo.com