Marketing Writing/Books?

Subject: Marketing Writing/Books?
From: Kelly Parr <KParr -at- c-bridge -dot- com>
To: "STC Lone Writer's SIG (E-mail)" <stclwrsig-l -at- stc -dot- org>, "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:38:22 -0500

I apologize in advance for any overlap between these two lists. We already
seem to be receiving double lately <g>.

I just got asked to help overhaul my company's website. I'll be the content
provider, either writing or editing existing text.

My question to all of you is this: Can you recommend copywriting/marketing
books? I checked the TECHWR-L site but the two books listed under marketing
didn't really fit my needs. I'm looking for something akin to "Marketing
Writing 101" (for dummies). Yes, I searched Amazon and B&N and found some
promising prospects, but nothing beats reviews/suggestions/commentaries from
people I respect!

I am confident that I can write decent content, but the project manager is
looking for a marketing flair. I've done fiction writing and technical
writing, but never marketing writing.

TIA
Kelly

Kelly Parr