Documentation Statistics Needed

Subject: Documentation Statistics Needed
From: "Chalmers, Eric" <Eric -dot- Chalmers -at- westgroup -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:16:21 -0600

Hello Folks,

At some point in my career I ran across a statistic regarding how long it
actually takes to create on page of technical documentation from scratch.
At the time, I didn't pay enough attention to the statistic to remember it
even a few days later. It's now several years later and my boss just asked
me to find that statistic. She's also interested in the time it takes to
create one topic of a help system.

Do any of you fabulous tech whirlers have these statistics at your disposal?
My half-hearted web search didn't turn up anything useful.

Eric Chalmers
Technical Communications
West Group
eric -dot- chalmers -at- westgroup -dot- com <mailto:Eric -dot- chalmers -at- westgroup -dot- com>

My opinions are mine. You can't have them.