Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees

Subject: Re: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:11:34 -0500

John Posada wrote:

> I agree all, some, and none with various parts of
> Andrew's post, but that's not my purpose of this
> email, since what I may agree with or not agree with
> is based on my experience and we all have different
> experience. However, there is one part that reminded
> me on one of my pet peeves.
>
> > ....and never a moment devoted to learning
> > how to digest information.

<snip>
> How do people learn this way? What happens if they
> need to copy the material at home and their notes are
> at work? Doesn't anyone just learn things anymore?

Remember: education is a miraculous process by which words move from the
notebook of the instructor to the notebook of the student, without
passing through the heads of either.
(Apologies to GB Shaw)

--
Peter

Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig.
You soon realize they both enjoy it.