RE: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees

Subject: RE: Worthless Tech Comm Degrees
From: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>
To: Techwrl-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:06:15 -0000

>Many non-tech writers find Frame archaic and difficult to use. I can quote
>numerous conversations with CTOs and Engineering Directors who said they
>wouldn't use FrameMaker if God himself came down and ordered them.

Indeed. I feel the same way about C++. Therefore C++ should be abolished! No
one should be allowed to use a tool unless everyone else in the company also
knows how to use it! <g>

>I am an active writer/consultant
>at my company. I just finished writing a doc set last week for a client. I
>am no writing genius, but I have pounded out a fair tonnage of
>documentation.

My apologies, Andrew: it's just that you never ask or answer any technical
writing questions, and you've frequently mentioned your agency, so I assumed
you were retired from technical writing but enjoyed giving those of us still
at work the benefit of your opinions.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer and Compendium
of Useless and Arcane Knowledge