Re: No Bucks, No Buck Rogers (LONG and Cranky)

Subject: Re: No Bucks, No Buck Rogers (LONG and Cranky)
From: Kari Gulbrandsen <kandres -at- UDel -dot- Edu>
To: Steven Feldberg <steven -at- icu -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 02:22:34 -0500

well-said, Steven.

I went to school with a guy who had to disagree just for the sake of
disagreeing-- just to yank somebody's chain. I forget who said it a few
days ago, about Mr Plato yanking our chain, but I'm starting to agree with
him. I'm beginning to wonder if this guy even exists.

>> All you need is one prof to run the program and you contract a bunch of
> local
>> industry egomaniacs to teach the classes. Industry egomaniacs work for
> cheap.

here, Mr. Plato says to contract a bunch of industry egomaniacs. forgive me
if I'm wrong-- but wasn't he a few days ago lambasting profs because they
weren't out in the real world? so now, it serves his purpose to lambaste
those folks who are in the real world. and I'm curious about these industry
egomaniacs who work cheap. most of the industry people I know, from
Hercules, Gore, Dupont, Astra-Zeneca, etc. don't work cheap-- they wouldn't
bother.

the other thing I'm curious about it is who is left? most of us learned
from one of these places that don't really teach substance, taught by either
profs who are in an ivory tower but don't know the real world, or by
industry egomaniacs who are in the real world but work cheap? and, of
course, our 'stupid audience' as a quote from Mr. Plato below points it out
so clearly:

" People
act like it is some amazing endevour to determine that your audience is
stupid.
WWF Smackdown on UPN proves that to me each week. I don't need a class."

so here we have a guy who knows what WWF Smackdown-- i'm not sure, but i'm
going to venture a guess that it has something to do with the world
wrestling federation (?), can't spell endeavor correctly, (sorry folks, i
don't typically point out spelling errors, because the informalities
inherent in email lends one to the occasional lapse of the grammatically
correct-- he probably spelled it wrong because he was in such a rush to get
his words out.), telling us what is wrong with tech comm today.

gee, I don't know if I should get up and go to work tomorrow, since it's
such an incredible waste of time-- your's, mine, and our's