Re: Overtime Compensation for Contractor

Subject: Re: Overtime Compensation for Contractor
From: "Marc A. Santacroce" <epubs -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "John J. Gardiner" <john -at- johngardiner -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:42:00 -0800

John, one approach I've seen is to state in the contract what your 'regular hourly' rate is, what your 'over-40' rate is, and what your 'weekend' rate is.

i.e. 40/60/80 or 60/90/120

It'll might down on the weekend work. You'reliucky the client recognizes the need for overtime.

Marc

I am a freelance tech writer who has been asked to contract for a gig that will involve over 40 hours of work a week. I've never arranged overtime compensation as a contractor.

I'd be interested in hearing from those contractors who have negotiated hourly rates for overtime. Is it as simple as time and a half? Thanks.

Marc A. Santacroce
Senior Technical Writer,
ePubs, Inc.

I love it here;
..there's no where I'd rather be,
.....there's nothing I'd rather be doing,
........and no one I'd rather be doing it with.